On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 at 15:01, stephen cumminger
<stephen.cummin...@sonideft.com> wrote:
> I’d like to stay with the NetBeans Installer as it does everything I need.

After various issues over time with the Windows installer I finally
took the plunge and switched to InnoSetup, and have to say I've
generally found it really simple and am much happier with it so far.
No more hacking icons in the launchers, much simpler embedding the JRE
/ JDK, handles updates better, works great with WINE (I always build
on Linux), and can be automated in the build.

If you're interested, the build file I hacked together in half an hour
or so is at
https://github.com/praxis-live/distribution/blob/master/windows/pl-installer.iss
- seems to work OK.  If not, sorry for the diversion! :-)

Best wishes,

Neil