The problems are a bit more complex than how you describe them, in the case
of Apache NetBeans.

Take for example 'org.jdesktop.beansbinding'.

This is a library that has been part of NetBeans for many years. And it's
been used by a variety of plugins as well, such as some of those you seem
to be trying to install.

However, the licensing of that library is GPL. The Apache Software
Foundation does not allow Apache projects to distribute GPL-based libraries.

So, we had to remove it from Apache NetBeans.

And now some of the plugins that rely on that library will not work.

There are other similar cases, though not too many. Another example is
Hibernate (http://hibernate.org/community/license), which had to be removed
in order for Apache NetBeans to be acceptable to the Apache Software
Foundation.

Hope this gives some insights,

Gj