Hello,

earlier today I had finished performing a software upgrade,
upgrading Netbeans to version 9, Java to JDK 11
and my JavaFX SDK to the OpenJFX 11 SDK respectively.

When this was done, I had decided to see how the new modular system in Java
11 works.
Upon creating a new modular project and writing some sample code for it,
I found out that the project would not in any case start when requesting it
to run.

FYI: I did add the OpenJFX modules to the module path, didn't have any
compilation/library issues and a main class is present.

After wondering why it wouldn't run, it turns out that the project was
never supplied a manifest.mf file by the Netbeans IDE. Obviously due to the
missing manifest file, the jar that gets built during the build phase never
properly starts.

Is this intended behaviour of such modular projects, or is this a bug in
version 9 of the IDE?

Specs:

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 9.0 (Build
incubator-netbeans-release-334-on-20180708)

*Java:* 11; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 11+28

*Runtime:* Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 11+28

*System:* Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; Cp1252; nl_BE (nb)

*User directory:* C:\Users\Navaron\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\9.0

*Cache directory:* C:\Users\Navaron\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\9.0

*OpenJFX: *Version 11(Stable, not an ea build)

Sincerely,

Bracke Navaron