I have a work-around.

   - Run the project or page in NetBeans.
   - Click OK to get rid of the error
   - Click on the HTML file in the project and make it the current tab
   - In the CSS Styles/Selection window a button "Run index,html" (or the
   name of your page) will appear - click on it
   - The page will reopen in the browser
   - Right click in the browser and click "Start Inspect in NetBeans Mode
   (CTRL+Shift+S)"

It's now working for that page.

Best regards,
John