There is Groovy editor support.

We disabled the Grails support because it was out dated.

You can stop being baffled right now today and contribute to the Grails
support. All the source code is available on GitHub. Do you want to
contribute a ‘Hello World’ Grails application that uses the latest Grails
release? That would help, your pull request is welcome.

Gj