Actually, as I understand 'ti' GPL will never weaken the license to be
circulated with permissive licenses, e.g.

   - Apache
   - MIT
   - BSD
   - ...etc.

I don't think this is a big thing.  GCC isn't donated to Apache (GPL that
it is, etc.) and there's lots of other things including plugins with other
licenses.

only 2-cents,

   aplatypus

--