My previous laptop broke, so I got completely new one and trying to build my
development environment from scratch.
Instead of NB8.2 which was working for me (with some glitches) for several
years I got the latest Netbeans 10 from netbeans.apache.org
First start was unsuccessful. It displayed the start page and froze. Did not
respond to anything. I had to kill the process through the task manager.
Second attempt was a bit better. At least it did not freeze. However, all menus
were displayed in huge font that occupy half of the screen.
I went to Options->Fonts and Colors and tried to change the font from size 27
to size 12. I was not able to do that as Netbeans popped me "Authentication
Required"
window. No idea why it require authentication but I wasn't able to do it. I
tried my login credentials or the one I used to register a while back on
netbeans.org but neither worked.
Same thing happened when I tried to change some other settings. Can some kind
soul tell me how do I authenticate there.
For the same reason I wasn't able to download a single plugin. Download failed
due to connection problems with plugin portal. When I tried to check proxy
settings I got the same
"Authentication Required".
So far NB10 wasn't useful for me.
I am far from the noob, only with Netbeans I am working for 20 years (even
before Sun Microsystems acquired it), but this release looks half-baked to me.
I do understand that Apache incubation will cause some disturbances, but did
not expect so many problems.