Sometimes in the middle of coding  a panel pops up that is asking for user name
and password.
What user name/password it is asking for and why?
I would understand if Netbeans will be a licensed tool with a license server
authenticating users at the beginning of session.
I am usually dismissing this popup with cancel button, however, reviewing
thread dumps from
Netbeans freezes I noticed that it always have thread locked at
§
org.netbeans.core.NbAuthenticator.getPasswordAuthentication(NbAuthenticator.java:75)
at java.net.Authenticator.requestPasswordAuthentication(Authenticator.java:317)
§  locked <0x00000000c1735de0> (a org.netbeans.core.NbAuthenticator)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.spnego.NegotiateCallbackHandler.getAnswer(NegotiateCallbackHandler.java:68)
Can anyone explain what this authentication is for?

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A
E: ggree...@visa.com