On 4/9/19 8:22 AM, Mark A. Claassen wrote:
I am not exactly sure what is going on.  I wonder if that is just a bad error
message.
Java FX is no longer included in Java (since Java 9).  Probably, you were
running the older version of Netbeans with Java 8, but not Nebeans 11.

I am running a built from source version of JDK 11 with JavaFX built-in. This build worked with Netbeans 10 and the Gradle plugin with nothing changed. The application is also a java 9+ module.

In your <Netbeans 11 install dir>/etc/netbeans.conf file, near the bottom, you
can set the Java version used to run Netbeans.  If you change that to a Java 8
version, I don’t think you will have any problems.

If you need / want to use Java 9+ to run Netbeans, you can change your Gradle
build.  For you compile scripts, direct the compiler to use Java 8:
                sourceCompatibility = 1.8
                targetCompatibility = 1.8
                options.fork = true;
                options.forkOptions.javaHome=new File(<path to JDK>)

Hope this helps, or at least points you in the right direction.

Sadly it did not. It still shows the version as 5 in the editor and unspecified in the project properties. It gives a warning about the build file not being correct as well but i'm not sure what exactly is wrong. It doesn't say exactly.

Is there a way to go back to the old plugin by chance while still using Netbeans 11?

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, IN  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaas...@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014
Confidentiality Notice: OCIESERVICE
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be
and to remain confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and
its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents or
take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the communication
or any attachments.