I didn't do this before nor see an easy workaround.

Generally I highly recommend serious Platform applications to maintain
an Platform fork and recompile it themselves. Then little
customizations like this are just a matter of commenting a few lines
of code. Of course, this makes updating the Platform more work, but a
workaround is generally even harder to port as it's more complicated.

--emi