Thanks, Jean-Marc. Right after I posted the question I was fiddling around with
the palette and got Swing back. I believe what did the trick was  changing the
order, moving Swing above AWT. Everything back to normal. I love 11!

Ed

From: Jean-Marc Borer <jmbo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 3:14 AM
To: NetBeans Mailing <users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Java Swing vs AWT

Really strange,

I am working with Swing in NB 11 on a daily basis. Re-install?

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 9:24 PM Ed Sowell <jag_man...@sbcglobal.net
<mailto:jag_man...@sbcglobal.net> > wrote:

I’ve been working on my Windows Java app for several years using NetBeans 7 &
later. All my dialogs use Swing components from the visual designer. Now, after
switching to 11, I constructed a new dialog and discovered certain things
weren’t available, e.g., setInputVerifier(). When I dug in a bit it seems to be
because before I was able to select text boxes etc. from Swing, whereas now
components like text boxes are available only under AWT. How can I get the
Swing components back on the Palette?

Ed