Hello,

I created a very simple Netbeans Module app, containing

*         The aggregator Module  (it's called parent)

*         The app module

*         The branding module

*         An additional Netbeans module, let's call it X.

Everything works fine on compile.

Now, I have got a plain Java module with source level 9 (Jigsaw) containing
a module-info.class file. Compiling works perfect.

However, If I add the plain Java module with  source level 9 to my X module,
I get a compilation failure. The error is.

Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:nbm-maven-plugin:4.1:manifest
(default-manifest) on project Module: Execution default-manifest of goal
org.codehaus.mojo:nbm-maven-plugin:4.1:manifest failed.:
IllegalArgumentException -> [Help 1]

To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read
the following articles: [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
mvn <goals> -rf :Module

Is it possible that Java 9 modules cannot be added as dependency to a
Netbeans Maven module?

Thanks.

Regards,

Klaus