On MacOS and NetBeans 11.1, I see two behaviors:

1. When I am in the Files View, there is an attempt to show me a print page
preview by NetBeans.  This is unreliable, mostly it comes up empty.
2. When I am in the Projects View, the OS print dialog comes up reliability
and prints.

(After I have printed the file with option 2, then option 1 starts
"working" by going directly to the OS print dialog.  The "healing" behavior
seems to be preserved across a quit and reopen of NetBeans.)

Dave