Scott wrote:

> Existing NetBeans C/C++ support on Windows is not very practical.
Bordering on almost unusable actually.  (It requires use of a toolset that
is virtually never used on Windows for native development, is incompatible
with Windows SDKs, and difficult to maintain and configure.)

For what it's worth, I've had no problem with simple C++ console
applications in NetBeans 8.2 under Windows 8.2 (neither of those are going
to get upgraded). I went with Cygwin64, I remember there was another option
but I don't remember why I rejected it. I've found Java AWT and Swing to be
quite adequate for when I need a GUI.

I have yet to try to do anything with C++ on my Mac, on which I now have
both NetBeans 8.2 and 11.1. Worst case scenario if I ever need to work on
C++ on my Mac, I can probably use GCC on the command line if XCode won't
cut it.

Al

--
Alonso del Arte