On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 14:57, Helmut Leininger <h.leinin...@gmx.at> wrote:
>     java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: testapachepoi/TestApachePOI
> (class file version 56.65535) was compiled with preview features that are
> unsupported. This version of the Java Runtime only recognizes preview
> features for class file version 57.65535

This looks suspicious.  It looks like you're compiling with Java 12,
which makes me think it's the fact that we don't in beta2 have
complete Java 13 support still.  Or you've got it set to 12?

Under project properties and Build / Compiling does making sure
Compile on Save is off and Run Compilation in ExternalVM is on make
any difference?

> User directory: C:\Users\hl\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\11.0

Is 11.0 there by choice?  Or do we have a bug?  It should be using 11.2-beta2

Best wishes,

Neil