Depends which modules you are using but, yes, I would start with
org-openide. I guess you might also use org-netbeans-api-visual.

If you already are on 8.2 I don't think there are any problems going
to 11. Perhaps the removal of JavaHelp will be a problem, assuming you
provide JavaHelp in your apps. If you use JavaFX that might also be
some work since (Adopt)OpenJDK does not come with JavaFX anymore.
There is an Azul Zulu JDK version with JavaFX, assuming you can follow
their terms.

Nice to see apps are still being worked on.

--emi