I have a web app that I've been working on for a while now and I plan
to deploy it into a Kubernetes cluster on top of Tomcat.  Back end is
going to be a MariaDB deployment with no connection to the outside
world.

Given my persistance layer is Hibernate and while being developed
points to the local MariaDB on my workstation.

When I go to deploy to Kubernetes I'll be using a service name to
connect to.  How have others handled this situation so that the
Hibernet configuration ends up pointed to the correct host after
deployment?

--

Peter L. Berghold                                 <pe...@berghold.net>
Professonally: (retired) IT Professional (DevOps, Puppet, Perl...)