Zahid and All --

   Works like a charm!   Thank you yet again...

  -- Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: zahid <zahidr1...@gmail.com>
To: Chris Olsen <col...@mchsi.com>, users <users@netbeans.apache.org>
Sent: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 12:09:33 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Newbie to Netbeans/Maven -- best solution?

There are three tabs you should  see on the left immediately below top
menu bar.

tab:Projects  tab:Files  tab:Services

select > tab:Files

Traverse down the tree branches  to <yourappname>  -> src -> main

while main highlighted  {in select mode}.

! left click but the other one right click

select new -> folder

folder name:  resources {lower case}

  observe and confirm  parent folder:  src/main

->  finish

www.backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marry loose with tight
coupling = healthy applications

On 03/01/2020 15:22, Chris Olsen wrote:
> Good morning, All --
>
>     Thanks to Geertjan and Zahid for assistance in re my missing JavaFX
> runtime
>
>     I have solved that problem, and in my later thrashing about uncovered a
> solution to a different problem that I'm not sure is the best solution.
>
>     In my (migrating from Java 8) program I have resources, and along the way
> discovered that the default location for such is in src/main/resources.  In
> order to create this folder I finally resorted to the command line.  I also
> added:
>
>            <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
>
>     to the pom file.
>
>     My colleague, also learning Maven, did not do this -- Netbeans created
> this capability automatically.  He used the Gluon FXML archetype and I used
> the non-FXML.  It strikes me as odd that the "Other Sources" was not done for
> me, but was for him, if it is the default location for resources.
>
>     Is there a Netbeans-without-command-line procedure that I am just missing?
>
>     -- Chris

www.backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marry loose with tight