Hi there.

I've been using NetBeans for ages, but I'm a PHP programmer, not a Java
programmer.

In order to fix an issue in NetBeans I recently downloaded, patched, and
compiled NetBeans from source.

I did my source code editing with Vim and compiling with 'ant' from the
command line.

I would like to open the NetBeans sourecs in NetBeans itself, but I
haven't been able to figure out how to do that (I have no experience
using NetBeans with Java).

I tried searching for "open netbeans in netbeans" but, surprisingly, I
didn't find anything helpful. I also tried opening existing projects and
creating new projects (with existing sources) but I didn't have any luck
with that either.

Could someone explain to me how I can open the NetBeans sources (from
netbeans-11.2-source.zip [1]) in NetBeans 11.2..?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
John Elliot V

[1] https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb112/nb112.html