I am running NB 11.2 on Windows (Dell Latitude) box.
Today I tried to start IDE and it hangs on opening projects.
[cid:image002.png@01D5CA03.AED169D0]
After waiting for about 40 minutes I killed the process through task manager.
Apparently, server running our internal Maven artifactory was down, which
caused this hanging to happened.
IMHO, Netbeans should have a timeout for the operation. Value of this timeout
shall be configured in options.
After timeout expires, IDE shall cancel attempts to access unavailable resource
and display proper message, and resume operation.
If I am ignorant and you do have such feature, please tell me how it can be set.
Regards,
Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A