Hi!

You are most likely experiencing: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2629

The wrong is the project layout. It seems you have some source folders which NetBeans detects to belong to at least two projects.

We put out an error node instead of getting into confusion later on when files would be opened from that project.

Right now project ownership is calculated as everything what is below the project folder belongs to the project..

Please describe your use case if possible with some build files as well, I could probably come up a more precise implementation of file ownership detection.