I can create the remote Java SE platform OK via Tools / Java Platforms:
[cid:image001.png@01D5CBCD.9CCC8140]

And Test Platform works fine (but I can't show the console output here because
it is removed before I can copy / paste it)..

But when I right click a project and select Project Properties | Build |
Compile, the Remote Java SE (rpi-heating-controller) is not shown in the
dropdown list - as it used to be in Netbeans 8.x

Is there an alternative way to configure the project to use the Remote Java SE
for remote debugging (in this case on a Raspberry Pi with OpenJDK 11).

Thanks,
Jonathan.