New with 11.3? I get the above subject message when I open a tiny nbm maven project. I'm pretty sure I didn't get this with 11.2.

Is there some place/way to define this as part of project properties?

To move forward, I added something to the properties. It still doesn't work. Any idea what I'm missing?

    <properties>
<netbeans.api.version>RELEASE110</netbeans.api.version>
<netbeans.installation>C:\...snip...\netbeans</netbeans.installation>
    </properties>

Haven't used this for a while, but I checked, it still runs 11.0.

Something that used to work is now broken. And the solutions proposed, see below, don't seem very good. I have several platforms around and I don't want to hardcode local paths into my pom. I already define <netbeans.api.version> property.

-ernie

For some features to work the IDE needs to associate each Maven NetBeans module project with a NetBeans Platform/IDE that the module will be part of at runtime. Such features include running/debugging the project, context information in various nodes or wizards etc. To fix the problem, either open the NetBeans platform application project that this project is part of (maven packaging nbm-application) or define a property named netbeans.installation in either the pom.xml file or ~/.m2/settings.xml file pointing to a binary distribution of NetBeans.