Emilian and All --

   > Then again, the installer could perhaps *detect* JDK 14 and give the users
a nicer message?

   Part of my problem is that not being a developer I am not always able to
understand the significance of what I'm reading.   Perhaps a message including
a workaround would work.  I was able to download Java 14 and then point
Netbeans to it using the Platform manager.  It had never occurred to me as an
amateur that one might want to (or could) have more than one version of Java at
a time on one's computer.

   Perhaps a message with that workaround would be helpful to "entry level"
folks?

   -- Chris