I’ve had similar problems on Windows 10, netbeans 11.0 – 11.3 and JDK 12/13.
Line numbers disappear and nodes in the Projects pane go missing or become
unresponsive.

I’ve changed my power settings to ‘never sleep’ but I still get the same issues
if I leave netbeans for a long time (1 – 2 hours or more); not every time but
often enough. If I use netbeans constantly all day there is no problem.

There is nothing obvious (to me) in the IDE log. I’ve cleared cache and user
dirs, doesn’t make a difference.

John

Hi

I just wanted to know if people had noticed the following when running netbeans
11.3 on their laptop (not sure if it happens on earlier versions or not)

I'm running on Ubuntu and using java 13

1. After closing the laptop lid and letting it suspend (or hibernate, same
thing), the line numbers disappear when I re open the laptop and it resumes.

2. After closing the laptop and letting it suspend (or hibernate, same thing),
you can't search or search and replace after it resumes. The short cut keys
don't work and the menu items are Grey's out.

Both the above two are fixed with a netbeans restart.

3. After changing to tablet mode on my laptop, netbeans sometimes gets in to
bad state where one window always has the focus no matter which window I try
and click in. I can put the mouse pointer in another windows and click and hold
to select text but it always does the actions in the window where the focus is
stuck

This is fixed only by restarting the whole laptop, the problem persists on a
restart of netbeans.

I appreciate these could be java issues (the last one definitely happened on
earlier versions of java and netbeans), but I don't know 100%

Thanks

Peter