I'm on 11.3, ant-based web app, and do have CoS.
Make sure nb-javac plugin is installed in Plugins -> Installed ->
Search nb-javac
NB should offer you to install it, but IIRC it may not if you open an
existing project, if that's the case try creating a new java web
project to see if it triggers that dialog.

--
-Juan Algaba