On 5/20/2020 7:43 PM, Owen Thomas wrote:
Hi Ernie.

I have desired such an implementation; this would be a map that worked a little more like a set. However, I am unaware of such a beast in the Java SE API, and in this case, one just grabs the key that the object generates in a put through the use of a getKey method: map.put(value.getKey(),value);

Yes, thanks. That's like what I do, but I feel some obligation to scatter

   "assert key.equals(value.getKey())"

around. With a lib, I would feel better...

HTH.

  Owen.