+1 to NetBeans packaging option flipping to use jpackage on JDK 14+.

In fact, if NB is running on JDK14 or greater, or even just has a Java 14 or
greater JDK configured, it should be able to use jlink/jpackage to package an
application even if the application project is configured to use an earlier
JDK.  If no Java 14+ JDK is available, the native package option in NetBeans
should simply put up a dialog stating that a Java 14 or greater JDK must be
available to use that option (even for projects that use an earlier JDK).
Maybe even have a button there to go to the Java Platform Manager to add a JDK.

Adding the dev list to see if someone there is interested in this...

Regards,

Scott