Thomas Kellerer schrieb am 29.05.2020 um 09:52:
What is the intended use of the "Runtime Platform" drop down in the project
properties of an Ant project?

The only option it shows is "Project Platform", even though I have multiple
JDKs configured in the IDE.
The "Manage Platforms" button next to the dropdown simply takes me to the "Java
Platform Manager" where I can see the JDKs that I have configured.

What I would like to achieve is to compile & build with JDK 8, but run with JDK
11.

Do I need to register the JDK in a special way so that it shows up in the
dropdown?

I am using NetBeans 12.0beta6 (but 11.3 behaves the same way)

Can anyone shed a light on what the dropdown is for?