There is some very basic autocomplete support, based on an old ISO SQL spec
(no vendor specific keywords).

However, the autocomplete popup is hard coded in such a way that it will
only popup after a . character (e.g. If you are typing scema.table it would
popup for the table)

You can get the basic autocomplete at other times (for the basic SQL
keywords) by pressing Ctrl-Space.

If you search the mailing list, you'll find previous discussions on this. I
asked if anyone knew why it was hard coded to only auto popup after a . and
didn't get a response, so I guess that knowledge is lost..

I'm not personally aware of anyone working to improve it, but that doesn't
mean there isn't - or that the opportunity isn't available for you to do so
if you have the time / motivation.

Hope that helps,