Not sure if this is a Maven or a NetBeans issue/feature/problem.

I am running Netebeans 12.0, java 8, and Maven version 3.6.3.

If I clear the Cache the project shows up with no red underlines.

If I run with no Maven “Global Execution Options” I can build a project with
Clean and Build.
It builds correctly, and the source does not show any red underlines.

If I add the following to “Global Execution Options”:  -gs
C:\dev\Projects-java8\.m2\settings.xml -s
C:\dev\Projects-java8\.m2\settings.xml,
Copy the default .m2 folder to the new location, change the setting.xml file in
the new location as needed and rename the default .m2 folder to save_m2

The build works, but then the red under lines show up in the Netbeans project.
Just a NOTE, a new .m2 folder does not show up in the default location.  I’m
assuming the above settings are working.

We are upgrading our projects from Java 7 to Java 8 and want to be able to run
multiple instances of Netbeans without either touching  or accessing the
other’s data.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated,
Steven M Nelligan
APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Facilities and Services
Information Technology Services
Facilities and Services
1501 S. Oak Street | M/C 800
Champaign, IL 61820
217.244.8097 | other: 217.244.8097 |
snell...@illinois.edu<mailto:snell...@illinois.edu>
www.fs.illinois.edu<http://www.fs.illinois.edu/>

[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfIllinoisFacilitiesServices>
[twitter] <https://twitter.com/UofIFS>     [instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/uofifs/>     [youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/UofIFS>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or
from university employees regarding university business is a public record and
may be subject to public disclosure.