From: Greenberg, Gary <ggree...@visa.com.INVALID>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 7:15 AM
To: users@netbeans.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to disable this annoying thing

I did change this setting under Options->Java->Maven->Dependencies.

When I clicked on OK to apply these changes, Netbeans showed me a popup window
“Performing lengthy operation” and hung.

I have killed it after approximately 40 minutes. When I restarted Netbeans
options were not saved.
I did it again and now it took only 5 minutes to save.

Meanwhile it did start “Downloading Javadoc” and that process stalled at 24%.
About dozen attempts to cancel it did not succeed.

Now my question is: Why these processes are immortal and how do I cancel its
execution?

Gary Greenberg

Staff Software Engineer

Data Product Development, BI-A