I just updated to OS X Catalina and now my Netbeans 12.1 and 12.2 app won’t
load Maven projects any more.   Those projects are located under the Documents
directory.  I know Apple changed how they allow apps to access a user’s
documents but NetBeans does not seem to recognize that.

I get a popup with this:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/mark/Documents/GitHub/Maehem/mavenproject1/pom.xml (Operation not
permitted)’

If I use Netbeans “Open File…”   to try and open any file under Documents, the
file browser is just empty.

Other apps that run on OSX will pop up a dialog to allow for that app to access
the Documents directory, but Netbeans never pops up such a dialog.

If I run NetBeans from the command line,  it will pop up the dialog to allow
‘Terminal’ to access the Documents directory and NetBeans will run normally.

In OSX SystemPreferences -> Security,  I have tried to add NetBeans full disk
access, but that didn’t make it work.

Mark