On 1/1/2021 6:28 AM, Jeff Schmidt wrote:

Hello,

  For some reason, I got it in my head after getting the CelsiusConverter tutorial project created and working,

It can be fun to play

to run NetBeans's Internationalization Wizard to internationalize the project (ie move string constants out to a Resource Bundle, replacing the string constants with lookups from the locale bundle).

Maven keeps resources in a "mirror" directory structure. For example, you should see

   Other Sources

at the same level as

   Source Packages

with an underlying directory structure like

   src/main/java
   src/main/resources

If it's missing, I know of no way to ask NetBeans to create it. NetBeans should have a

   Move to Resources

action to help with all the legacy stuff that doesn't know about the maven structure. But I don't think there is such a thing.

AFAICT, you will have to manually move the files to the correct location. Note that the full structure is mirrored. In your example you have the bundle under the learn package. Thing are automatically copies to their corresponding place when the jar file is created. You probably want something like

   src/main/resources/learn/xxxBundle.properties

Looks like a bug in the internationalization wizard.

This causes no end of problems for those unfamiliar with this. You probably have to manually move the files over Some searching about maven project directory structure may be of assistance.

-ernie

  Since running the I18N Wizard, when I try to run the app, I now get Maven exceptions about not being able to find the resource bundle. I suspect this is some sort of classpath issue with Maven. The I18N Wizard helped me create an initial default/base resource bundle. When I started getting the error, I found an option in a right-click menu to add a new locale, so I added en_US, to see if that would resolve the error, but that didn't make any difference.