>I did try it on JDK 11 before
your email and reproduced.

I am please  to know you tried the same approach using other JVMs and
platform.

This is how I download the  jdk15 and updated netbeans.conf accordingly. I
am not seeing the bug. I hope this helps.

wget -qO - https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/api/gpg/key/public |
sudo apt-key add -
sudo add-apt-repository --yes
https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/deb/
sudo apt install adoptopenjdk-15-openj9  # Java 15 / OpenJ9 VM

Z.

https://www.backbutton.co.uk/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶♡۶ ♡۶