Some things causing breakpoint problems I've run into recently
- Check that the name in the debugger's sources window matches the name the project was opened under. Somtimes I have two ways to reference the package directory, one is a windows mount; if the package was opened under one name, and the debugger's sources window used the other name, breakpoints didn't work. - If there are sources in the maven repository, they can be used in preference to the open project. Deleting sources in the maven repository was needed. (this was with a gradle project, not sure how widespread it might be)

-ernie