I have my PHP debug port set to 9001 in NetBeans and that works well. However, I have some projects that are managed by Local.app, which is a tool that sets up a run environment for WordPress web sites. By default, Local.app configures xdebug to run on port 9000. To debug these projects I have to remember to change the debug port to 9000. And to change it back again later. Sooner or later I see the "waiting for xdebug to connect" progress bar and I start swearing.

I had hoped that I would be able to use the "advanced" settings on these projects to tell NetBeans to look for xdebug on port 9000. I haven't had any luck getting it to work.  I'm curious. Should I be able to use the advanced run configuration settings to set a different port for xdebug? If so, what do I need to do for it to work?

Malcolm