Hi,

Not sure where to find the cache but I checked my Plugins - I've never looked in there before - and clicked a couple of likely looking options and lo and behold I'm back in business. Not at all sure what happened or what I did but I can now get on with things again.

Judi

On 08/05/2021 20:15, Andy Turner wrote:
Hi Judi,

This might not work, but try closing down Netbeans, then deleting the cache and then restarting Netbeans. It may take a while to restart and scan everything, but this might work. In the past I have had Netbeans continue to highlight issues that are no longer issues and this was the fix.

HTH

Andy
*From:* Judi Rastall <j...@rastall.com>
*Sent:* 08 May 2021 18:43
*To:* users@netbeans.apache.org <users@netbeans.apache.org>
*Subject:* Error Highlighting in NetBeans Editor
I am pulling my hair out on this one. I am using Apache NetBeans IDE 12.3 and have always loved it ... until recently. It always used to highlight warnings in my code with yellow underlining and errors with red underlining and there would be little coloured ticks down the right-hand margin alongside each highlighted line. I found this so very useful when chasing down errors and omissions.

A week or back this disappeared and I am lost without it. I am guessing I hit a key-combination to switch it off but I cannot find how to switch it back on again. Can anyone help me with how to switch this facility back on, please?

Judi R