Hi.

Thanks Peter.  Had a look.  None of the files mentioned exists in my OpenJDK 15.0.2 implementation.

However.  As far as NB 12.4 is concerned, I have a workaround:

 * Tools -> Options -> Appearance -> Look & Feel (tab):
     o Preferred look and feel: "Nimbus" or "Dark Nimbus"  <== Fixes
       font problems for Menus and dialogs, etc.
 * Tools -> Options -> Fonts & Colors -> Syntax (tab):
     o Language: "All Languages"
     o Category: "Default"
     o Font: "Noto Sans Mono 12"  <== Change to this or some other font
       of your choice - Don't leave it to the "Factory Setting" default.
 * Tools -> Options -> Miscellaneous -> Output (tab):
     o Font: "Noto Sans Mono 12"  <== Change to this or some other font
       of your choice - Don't leave it to the "Factory Setting" default.

It might be worth the effort for someone in the know, to look into the difference between how the "Nimbus" themes handle the various font settings and how the other themes that don't work properly do it.  Maybe these other themes could be updated to use a similar font usage methodology.  Relying on the JDK/OS to provide default fonts may not be a good idea anymore.

I found that the problem was bigger than I first thought.  It also affected another program I use: "Rational Plan".  Haven't solved that one yet.  What concerns me more though, is how many other programs will be affected.

Regards,
Brad.