Hi,

I’m looking at maybe using the built in Explorer TableView (ETable) instead of
our customized JTable component we currently have in our Swing Application.

I’m am evaluating the TableView component and seeing if it is worth using that
component in the new NetBeans Platform application I’m going to migrate our
current application to.

I have a few questions:

1. How can I persist any quick filter objects that are set on the ETable? I am
using "Object quickFilterObject = tv.getTable().getQuickFilterObject();” but
that
Just returns an Object and not like “EqualsQuickFilter” which is in the
TableView. There are no ways for me to also get the type or value of the
filter. I’m guessing
That I’ll have to provide my own interface popup and store off our filters we
want?

The reason I ask is in our current application we reapply any filters on the
table on application startup once the data is populated in the table.

2. How can I manually add/remove custom columns from the TableView? I see the
built-in popup menu that shows all the current columns and lets me
Show/hide them. But we have functionality in our application where we can
create new columns with expressions behind it where it calculates values to
display in the table.
So, they are simple BeanInfo property values like normal table columns. Is this
possible?

3. To go along with number 2, is it possible to persist and reapply those
column settings on startup of my TopComponents? I see the read/write properties
methods but
I’m not sure how to read and apply the settings from the saved values.

4. My TopComponents with the ETables will not be Singletons..does this matter
when saving the settings per TopComponent? Do I have to add some sort of ID to
tell the
Components apart in the saved settings? Or does each TopComponent know which
settings belong to it?

I think that’s it for now.

Thanks!
- Tim