Back when I was working on this each such settings had a property that
was being saved by NetBeans. So, just because there's no UI for it it
doesn't mean you can't make a simple module that tweaks that property
or just hand-edit an XML in your userdir.

So now, the questions just is how was that property called?

You can probably learn it by just tweaking the property in an older
NetBeand then diff-ing the files. I'd guess just copying the XML to
the 12.4 user dir would do the trick.

--emi