Hi Netbeans Users,

I'm brand new to Netbeans and fairly new to Java. I am not, however, new to
computers and troubleshooting.  I'm frustrated that I can't solve this
problem and I'm hoping for help.

I cannot get Netbeans 12.0 to find my Main Class in order to run any of the
files I've created for my class.  I've followed the quickstart tutorial,
located at https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/java/quickstart.html.  I've
followed multiple help videos on YouTube (how to create and define a main
class, etc.), but I haven't found anything to help me get Netbeans past the
"initializing view, please wait" message when I'm asked to define my main
class.  Because of that, I'm never able to define it and run/test my code.
I had the same result on both of my Windows 10 Pro machines.  Here are a
few more details:

I began with installing the Java SE 16 package from Oracle, then installed
Netbeans IDE.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Netbeans.  I've tried
different names and locations for the package.  I've checked that my file
name matches the class name (including case).  I've started with a new
class file and I've started with the "new Main Class" file.  Incidentally,
the new Main Class file isn't populated with anything - it's blank, so it's
the same as starting with a new class file.

What can I do to get this working?  I would really appreciate any help you
can provide!

Jeremy