Our company policy require branches in the repository to contain department ID
and JIRA ticket number.
I.e. bugfix/DEPTID-JIRATICKET or feature/ DEPTID-JIRATICKET.
Our stash repo configured that way and won't accept any check-ins that are not
compliant with the rule.
While I do not have any problems with bugfix branches, Netbeans (12.4) won't
allow me to create feature branches.
It is telling me "Cannot create branch under already existing "feature"".
It is not a showstopper for me, but does require additional hazzle.
I have to :

  1.  create a branch in the Stash using their web interface
  2.  create a different local branch name
  3.  create a remote branch mapping
  4.  do a fetch
Manual git command does not give me any error message. Why Netbeans putting
this limitation?
If I am doing something wrong, would you please steer me to the right direction?

Regards,

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A