Thank you. Now I understand.  I do not split my window.  I just drag and drop a tab  on the right  side and the screen will split.

Tom

On 8/11/2021 3:29 PM, Patrik Karlström wrote:
With two or more open files, drag the tab of one file and drop it on the right part of the screen, pun intended.

Later on, opening new files will appear on the part with the recent active file/tab.