You should be able to (try to) start from the command line like this:

"/Applications/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans
12.4.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/bin/netbeans"

or similar.

but I seem to recall a log that might help as well.

Clearing the cache directory may be necessary. ~
/Library/Caches/NetBeans/12.4

--
Carl J. Mosca