Hello,

I created a Maven project with Java 17 and I received an error:
Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) on project XXXWithRecord: Fatal error compiling: error: release version 17 not supported -> [Help 1]

In order to write code with Java 17, I had to change the default JDK of NetBeans in etc/netbeans.conf.

Is it always true that you can't write code in a version later than the default version of NetBeans? Besides running NetBeans code, what is the purpose of this default version?

Regards,

Richard