Hello,

It's a regression but I don't remember in which version it worked (some years ago). It does not work in 12.4 nor in 12.5 (Windows 10).

The option "Insert code..." > "Use Entity Manager..." of the context menu of a session bean stateless does not insert the good code.

Even if the transactions are not managed by the EJB (the behaviour by default), it inserts this code (this code would be good if the transaction was managed by the EJB, i.e. in an EJB annotated by "@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.BEAN)"):

  @PersistenceContext(unitName = "customerPU")
  private EntityManager em;
  @Resource
  private javax.transaction.UserTransaction utx;

  public void persist(Object object) {
    try {
      utx.begin();
      em.persist(object);
      utx.commit();
    } catch (Exception e) {
      Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "exception caught", e);
      throw new RuntimeException(e);
    }
  }

It should insert this code:

  @PersistenceContext(unitName = "customerPU")
  private EntityManager em;

  public void persist(Object object) {
    em.persist(object);
  }

Example of the code of the EJB in which I try to insert the code :

@Stateless
public class Test {

}

Richard