I added Maven to my Netbeans 12.0 on Linux on advice that I needed to have it. That turned out to be untrue. Ant serves my needs perfectly so I will be staying with it. Meanwhile Maven seems to be the culprit that slows down Netbeans startup. Before Maven it would start from scratch very quickly, it seems like 15 or 20 seconds. Now it takes over a minute, sometimes even longer. I think it might be updating its repository or something. Meanwhile I have the same OS and Netbeans on my laptop with a much slower processor and disc and it comes up much quicker than the desktop. I also have Netbeans 8.2 on the same desktop but without Maven and it still loads much quicker.

Is there a way to completely remove Maven from Netbeans? I can't even find it in the list of plugins.

Thanks,

Bayless