Adding the 2nd non-API module solved the problem, thanks Neil!
This really needs to be documented somewhere. I could add an entry "How to
enable FlatLaf in your NB platform application?" in the Apache Netbeans FAQ.
But what is the process to do this ?

Jerome

    Le jeudi 18 novembre 2021, 21:14:22 UTC+1, Neil C Smith
<neilcsm...@apache.org> a écrit :

 On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 19:56, Jerome Lelasseux <lelass...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The FlatLaf module was already a dependency.

You might need to make sure you have both FlatLaf modules as
dependencies.  At some point I added the non-API one in to fix
something, but I can't remember if this was it.  If you're using the
Ant build, you can find it by selecting to show non-API modules.

> FYI I submitted an issue on the FlatLaf GitHub as well.

This is unlikely a bug in FlatLaf.  It seems to be a bug where the
FlatLaf customs in the IDE module are not being triggered correctly.
eg.
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/o.n.swing.laf.flatlaf/src/org/netbeans/swing/laf/flatlaf/FlatLFCustoms.java#L59

Maybe stick a breakpoint on that, launch with the debugger and see
what's happening.

Best wishes,

Neil