NB 12.5
Win-7-64
cygwin
gcc v11 installed under cygwin
clang v8.0.1 installed under cygwin
clangd v13.0.0 installed under Win-7

Hi (and sorry for being a pest);

I'm still having difficulty.

1. clang/clangd downloaded and installed. (no issue)
2. Tools->Option->C/C++->ccls configuration changed to clangd location.
   (no issue)
3. Tools->Option->C/C++->code assistance->C++ Compiler changed to the
   current location of the include libraries. (issue).
4. Compile fails to find <cstdlib>. I have verified that this file
   exists and is in the C++ paths in Step 3.
5. Right click on <project name>->Build and found 4 entries;
   Configuration Name, Build, Clean, and Run. All were empty. David
   said to put the include directories here. Does this mean that the
   include directories are inserted directly, as in Step 3 above, or
   does the gcc build parameters have to be used. I have inserted all
   of the directories in Step 3 into Build w/wo gcc link prefixes
   without good effect.
6. What purpose does Step 3 have if the include files are not used in
   the compile. I could understand that the Step 3 includes are for all
   builds and the Step 5 includes are for project specific needs, but I
   can't get either to work.

OK. What am I getting wrong. Are my assumptions  incorrect (Step 3/6) or is there something that I'm missing (probably), or both (most likely). Do I have to install NB 12.6 (it's on my todo list so this really isn't an issue).

thanks
art

=== code ===
#include <cstdlib>